I'm Caroline Clark, the co-founder and CEO of Arcade. I put together this guide with Rich Manalang, who is my co-founder and CTO. We're both ex-Atlassians and have put this together after talking to hundreds of companies on their product-led growth journey. We hope it's useful!
- Introduction: Why Product Led Growth is the Future
- Culture: Product Led Growth is cultural. It's not easy to evolve, but can be done
- Product Led Growth — Where do Sales and Marketing Fit in? (A Secret: they're important)
- See this deeper dive into organizational design and how Atlassian did it
- Guest post: Marie Gassee (VP Growth, Confluent) on what a great PLG leader looks like
- Process: Sales, Marketing and Product need to partner tightly together
- Conclusion: The top takeaways of this guide
What is product-led growth?
What is product-led growth (PLG)? A simple definition is that it is when your software company offers a free product or free trial and users get value from it before engaging with a sales team.
Who is this for?
This is for B2B companies who sell or want to sell their products through an efficient online channel.
Specifically, this is for two types of companies:
- Startups who are already product-led, but thinking about how to scale long term
- Growth stage / public stage companies that want to invest more in an efficient funnel for their growth
Why should you care?
The introduction covers it, but what we saw firsthand at Atlassian is that we're entering a new era of software selling. No one wants to learn about your product only through back and forth Zoom calls. Users are now the buyers. Discovery is now up to the vendor — where do they want users to learn about their product?
Arcade is moving the discovery of how your product looks and works to even earlier in the funnel — so that we not only get you more leads but more data on how your prospects are using it.
A brief word of thanks to our friends
Thank you to Josh Wold, Jay Simons, Corinne Riley, Marie Gassee, Dannie Herzberg, Pete Huang, and Alex Bilmes for their advice and feedback.
Table of contents: